It’s pouring rain with thunder, lightning, a tornado watch, and a flood watch, so I’m rescheduling today’s run for Wednesday. I’m seriously bummed about this because it is 65 degrees and I was hoping to get a nice warm run in before the temperatures drop back to the 30s tonight. Oh well, better to wait and not get struck by lightning.
Through out my travels on the internet, I found a few interesting sites I thought might be worth passing on.
Web sites I wanted to share:
- I can’t find my phone is the greatest web site ever. Seriously, I lose my phone at least 8 times a day.
- This is a list of eating disorder support web sites. You are not alone and you can over come this. A lot of women don’t admit they have a problem until they are already faced with permanent health problems or dead. Please don’t be one of them.
- In other pleas for your health, I know two people who died of lung cancer already this year. One was a smoker who continued to smoke after having part of a lung removed. If you are interested in learning more about quitting, try this site.
- Make an infographic of yourself here. The site is in Italian, but you can figure out what it is asking pretty easily. I use the one I created as the background on my Windows lap top.
- Couch to 5K. Natalie mentioned in a comment that she had just completed Week 1 of this program (you go, girl!) and I just wanted to put it up here for any non-runners who stumble across my blog. This program works for most people who have no running experience and want to run a 5K. I hope some of you are inspired to try it!
That’s it from me for today. I start my new lab this morning and I’m a bit nervous! The project he gave me looks really interesting, but a bit difficult since it combines two disciplines. I hope this works out and I really do graduate in 18 months! Anyone can survive a year and a half, right?
And if you made it all the way to the end, here’s a picture of my King William Rufus Wainwright the Second (he prefers to be called Rufus or the Doof). He’s normally super cute, guess the camera on my MacBook isn’t so hot.