So, I’m gonna get a sweet medal on Saturday for finishing my half marathon, which means you all are going to get the chance to win some sweet swag! Seems fair, right?
First though, some facts about half marathons:
1. 1.4 million people finished half marathons in 2010, up from 1.1 in 2009
2. 59% of finishers in 2010 were women, up from 49% in 2004
3. The average age of finishers in 2010 was 35.7 (women) and 38.7 (men)
4. A half marathon is 13.1 miles (21.1 km). I’m assuming you all knew this already, but someone asked me the other day
5. The current half marathon world record for men was set 3/21/2010 by Zersenay Tadese (Eritrea) who ran it in 58:22
6. The current half marathon world record for women was set 2/18/11 by Mary Keitany (Kenya) who ran it in 65:50
Ok, ok, on to the good stuff!
So to summarize, you get:
1. A 14 oz bag of Starbursts
2. A medium size bag of peanut butter M&M’s
3. A 30 gram packet of Jay Rob Whey Protein powder in chocolate
4. A packet of PowerBar Energy Gel Blast chews in raspberry
5. A packet of Gu electrolyte Brew in lemon lime flavor
6. A packet of Gu Chomps in strawberry (with caffeine)
7. A Gu Roctane gel in pineapple
8. 2 Hammer gels, one in orange and one in apple-cinnamon (it tastes like apple pie filling)
9. A small Body Glide anti-chafe stick
10. A Foot Rubz ball
11. A pair of blue Asics arm warmers
To win, you have to be a follower. I don’t care how you follow, just tell me your method in a comment (1 entry).
You can also leave a separate comment for each of the following entry methods:
1. Tweet about this giveaway (makes sure to include @runningonwords so I see it, 1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway (1 entry)
3. Follow me on Twitter (@runningonwords, 1 entry)
4. Tell me which item you are most excited about and why (1 entry)
I’ll also post various bonus entry methods throughout the week, so keep your eyes peeled (off topic, but is that not one of the creepiest phrases ever?). My first guest post of the week will go up tomorrow morning.
Winner will be announced on Saturday, May 7 as soon as I have the energy to open my laptop. Entries can be added until 8 AM EST May 7.