Weight: 222.8 lb (-3 lbs, approx)
My plan is to weigh-in weekly and then take my measurements every 2 weeks. Mostly because I’m too lazy to take them every week.
I started by weighing myself on the Wii Fit, which is what I was planning to use. It informed me I weighed 183 lbs. While I’ve obviously lost weight, I haven’t lost that much. We actually just ran out to get a scale, which said 222.8, we’ll go with that. It’s only been 5 days and I’ve lost an inch on my waist and an inch and a half on my hips, so obviously something is working. My pants went from being tight to falling off (woo!).
Things I learned this week:
- Chelsea is an amazing source for eating tips (and also just plain awesome). I took her advice and got a food scale (should be here today). I’ve also been using her trick of chewing sugar free gum when I’m dying for something sweet or when I want to mindlessly eat.
- SparkPeople.com is a great way to track my food. I can use my iPhone to track at work and I can pretty easily find my food on there. So far I’ve only eaten one thing not in their database and that was a local marinara sauce, so I would have been a bit surprised if it was in there.
- When I eat simple, healthy food, tracking it is a whole lot easier. The time I used SparkPeople before, I was trying to eat the same horrible processed food, just less of it. I was constantly inputting information and it made me crazy.
- I have to take a friggin’ rest day. Rebecca told me to take rest days, but I didn’t listen and this morning after 5 solid days of working out (both running and weights some days), my body told me where to stick it. I felt tired and ill and achy all over. So I took today off (despite the horrendous exerguilt).
- I can still eat the things I want (in moderation). I had a DQ mini blizzard one night and Fazoli’s for dinner another all without going over my calories. The Fazoli’s was actually because I slept through lunch and needed to eat something (oops), but still, I can plan and eat a small treat if I want to.
- It is so much easier to stay accountable with a trainer! I know I have to report back to Rebecca at the end of the week (Sunday), so I’m less inclined to skip workouts and cheat, even if I’m not meeting with her in person.