Well, can I admit I’m sort of amazed I made it to 100? Not only that, but I actually have about 50 followers and a bunch of regular commenters. Great success! I’m actually considering moving to self hosting, but I’m really lazy, so don’t hold your breath.
I was going to do a 100 post giveaway, but I have a few sponsored ones lined up, so I figure I’ll make you wait for 200 posts for another grab bag of awesome. Sorry, I’m just cool like that, but I promise more giveaways soon (and these will be unisex). In the meanwhile, you have one more day to enter my current GIVEAWAY.
In other news, I did something crazy today (like this is news). Kara and Emily were talking about the Hot Chocolate 15K in Washington DC in December and I mentioned I was jealous. Emily wrote a fantastic post this morning HERE about all the encouragement she gets from her online friends, and I guess that inspired me to sign up for the race and meet a bunch of my favorite bloggers. I’m so excited! I have 2 months post-second fall half to stay in shape for this, so my goal is to do at least a few 7 mile long runs alone to get ready because I think my biggest challenge will be that I’m not used to running more than 3 miles alone. And omigosh, I cannot wait to run in the cold again. The 90 degree heat index for three miles this morning was brutal!
My race schedule may be getting slightly out of control. I kind of forgot I have a 5K on Sunday. I’m still not sure about Warrior Dash on 7/31 because of my stupid hip. I thought my doctor’s appointment was this morning, but it turns out it is tomorrow. I felt supremely stupid when I ran screaming out of the house to get there on time and then the appointment was tomorrow. Also, I caught my next-door neighbor peeing on my apartment (we have the end unit in a row of townhomes) wearing nothing but a towel while smoking a cigarette. I have never seen a man in a towel run off so fast in my life. I want to complain to the leasing office, but I also don’t want to start a war. This guy is weird as all get out. Advice? I’d like to add that his apartment has 2 people living in it and 3 toilets.
In a fantastic coincidence, Sara nominated me for my first blog award (I don’t think she knew this was a milestone post!
So now I’m obligated to tell you 7 random things about myself:
1. I have really creepy thumbs. I’ve been informed that they aren’t supposed to bend back like that.
2. I have horrible road rage. I’m so boned once I have impressionable children listening from the car seat.
3. I think cheese is it’s own food group. I love it even more than chocolate.
4. I really love hockey…but only live. I even own my local (crappy) team’s sweatshirt.
5. I love to make people laugh and will go to some pretty extreme lengths to do so. Too bad I’ve accidentally hurt a lot of feelings that way (sorry!).
6. I love holding babies, but I usually go home and cry after I give them back.
7. I’m writing this pantsless. Most of my blogs are written sans pants. I hate pants (and bras).
Ok, my 7 recipients are (and feel free to ignore this):