So, I was informed that pregnant bloggers usually do weekly updates or some junk. Considering Weight Loss Wednesdays has died a painful death and I start a new week of pregnancy every Thursday, I figure I might as well start doing pregnancy updates on Wednesdays. But because it’s me you can pretty much expect way too much information about everything. So, here goes nothing!
Week: 9 (sidenote, I am 8 weeks pregnant, so I am ending my 9th week of pregnancy. This shiz is major confusing)
Gained Lost: 4.4 (crap!)
Inches Gained (Waist): 0.75 (I assume this is mostly bloating)
Nonsensical item baby is supposedly the size of: Kidney bean or raspberry (I can’t wait to have swiss chard! Who comes up with this garbage?)
Pregnancy Symptoms I’m supposed to expect according to TheBump.com:
- “Bigger, heavier, sore breasts, as milk producing lobules in your boobs start to expand.”–Oh good lord yes! I went up two cup sizes by 5.5 weeks (even the maternity store doesn’t sell a G cup!) and umm, I may have leaked a little last week. There was white stuff when I took my bra off and it smelled like milk. Gross, but apparently normal.
- “Fatigue and/or nausea (yup, still).”–I could sleep for the rest of my life right now. They don’t mention the insomnia and constantly waking up to pee, but that’s contributing to my inability to stay awake at my desk at 1 PM. Also, I can’t really get comfortable anymore. I’m a stomach sleeper and my boobs definitely inhibit that. The nausea comes and goes, but I’m living.
- “Pregnancy cramps — the ligaments in your abdomen are stretching as your uterus expands.”–I had horrible cramping from week 4, so it’s actually getting better. Apparently staying hydrated helps with cramping. This round ligament pain is a serious beast. It’s kind of like being shived in the side.
- “Other tummy issues: constipation, indigestion, bloating or heartburn.”–I do a happy dance every time I finally manage to poop. There, I said it! It’s getting better, but honestly, I knew I was pregnant when I stopped being regular. Oh, and heartburn for sure. How come no one ever mentions the gas, though? I know I’m not the only one with this symptom but no one ever fesses up to it!
- “A heightened sense of smell.” Hahaha, understatement! I can smell Cheerios three cubicles over. I also can’t get too close to dogs without feeling ill because I can smell them.
- “Weird dreams — get used to them; they’re totally normal throughout pregnancy.” Luckily the vivid nightmares seem to have petered off. I wake up not feeling very rested, but I’m not sure if I’m actually having vivid dreams.
The list also neglects to mention leukorrhea, which is a thick vaginal discharge that is quite common in pregnancy. Yup, I went there. Sorry, Dad. I’m also still incredibly weepy and easily upset. Thankfully, you guys really help make me feel better (thanks!). Oh, and I’ve had raging back pain for weeks, but I assume it’s from the giant melons on my chest and my pre-existing back issues (bulging disc). And weirdly dry, itchy skin. It’s kinda gross.
In other news, I’m definitely already in the “fat or pregnant?” stage. I know, I know, it is way too early, but I haven’t gained weight, so it’s gotta be baby, right? Either way, I bought a second pair of maternity pants and I’m loving them! Now I just need some shirts that are actually long enough to cover said maternity panels.
So far, the hardest part is the uncertainty. I have to just assume my baby is fine because I can’t feel it move yet. I’m mostly just scared and a little bit uncomfortable most of the time. And it’s hard to believe this is really happening after all the crazy TTC hell. The best part is how excited everyone is. Mr. Big Pants is just totally verklempt and can’t get enough of telling people he’s going to be a grandfather. Also, making my husband wait on me and handle all the random toxic stuff doesn’t suck either.
So, anything I should add/change/whatever with these updates? Does the amount of TMI make you barf a little?