Week: 16 Pounds Gained: I gained 1.2 pounds this week, which brings my total pregnancy weight gain to 0.2. I’m pretty happy with this since there is no reason I need to have gained more weight than that. Inches Gained (Waist): My waist is up 2 inches this week for a total of 4 inches. My “bump” is really top heavy, which is actually all of my internal organs being shoved up by my uterus, which I was told is up to my belly button. Nonsensical item baby is supposedly the size of: avocado (yum!) and a rubber ducky (don’t those come in more than one size?) Pregnancy Symptoms I’m supposed to expect according to TheBump.com:
- You might start feeling baby move!–don’t taunt me internet! She’s kicking me in the placenta and I’m overweight, so this is probably still a month or so off.
- Back aches, another effect of pregnancy hormones. Make sure you’re exercising, that you’re sitting and standing up straight and do some stretches.–I sat on the floor too long today while I was sorting through stuff and I can barely stand or walk now. Awesome.
- bigger boobs — they should be ready for breastfeeding by the end of the second trimester.–Eff you, TheBump, they already leak and I have to buy my bras in the “special” section of the plus size lingerie store (and they only carry the next two cup sizes)
- Constipation, as your uterus starts pressing on your intestines.–Yup.
- Forgetfulness (a.k.a. pregnancy brain). No one knows for sure what causes this!–Ha, my poor technician is constantly reminding me of what I was supposed to be doing. It’s hard being temporarily dumb. Also, I found my socks on the stove a few weeks ago. They ended up there because my husband found them in the fridge. I cannot explain this.
- Faster hair and nail growth (a great excuse for a new cut and manicure).–I got a compliment on how nicely my hair is growing today. And I’m sick of cutting my nails every two days.
- Dry, itchy, sensitive eyes. Blame the hormones once again.–I have allergies, they are always itchy. But, I don’t think they are dry considering everything makes me teary eyed!
- Glowing skin (finally — that pregnancy glow that people are always talking about!)–Nope. Unless glowing means dry and flaking. The best part is that includes my scalp and legs.
I’ve also still got the leukhorrea, slight congestion (dear amoxicillin, you are the greatest thing for my sinuses ever), pink toothbrush, nosebleeds (never sneeze first thing on a dry winter morning), and the occasional abdominal ache. Honestly though, the big thing is I feel HUGE. Looking down at my belly it looks quite large, although in profile I still just kinda look fat. The big thing this week was (obviously) finding out that it’s a girl! I still don’t know if I see the
cheeseburgerREDACTED because Kara said I’m not allowed to use that word anymore, but my husband and the ultrasound tech were quite certain that they saw it. Let’s all remember that I suck at reading ultrasounds even though it’s part of my job (echocardiogram=ultrasound of the heart). Anywhoodle, I finally stopped by the Marshall’s clearance rack to get a few things for baby girl. I needed to look at frilly dress to really get excited. I bought two:
Dang, that white dress photographs badly. Hopefully it will look better on her. My mom was here this weekend and also bought a million dollars worth of fatty clothes. I got a winter coat with zippers up the side (love), shirts, and bras. My wardrobe is pretty slim pickings, but the new shirts means I have at least a week’s worth of clothing now. Some of them feel like tents, but I know they’ll be snug in another few months. My belly is exploding.
Ok, so now I’m going to do something stupid. Paula suggested I let you all name my baby. While I’m not that stupid, I am asking for girl’s names suggestions and if we end up using the name you suggest, I’ll send you something awesome. One thing to keep in mind is that we’ve been considering Martha as a middle name in memory of my great aunt who died this past winter, but that’s negotiable. So far most of the names we like start with C. And my husband says no place names and we both don’t want anything on the top 10 most popular list (I hate my name because everyone in the world has it). And obviously we need girl’s names. Thanks!