Pounds Gained: I gained 1 pound this week, which brings my total pregnancy weight gain to 1.6. That’s really a little more than I should be gaining in a week, so I’m trying to slow down on my constant consumption of junk food. I can admit I have been eating like garbage because it’s what tastes good right now.
Inches Gained (Waist): Apparently my ability to do math is questionable. My waist didn’t change much this week, but I check my original measurement and I’ve gained about 4.5 inches. Yup, I’m totally getting a PhD in science, can’t you tell?
Nonsensical item baby is supposedly the size of: sweet potato (bleck), bell pepper, a soda can. Is it my imagination or are none of these really the same size?
Pregnancy Symptoms I’m supposed to expect according to TheBump.com:
- Baby’s kicks — they’re getting stronger!–Hey, thanks thebump.com for assuming (incorrectly) that I’m feeling her move even though a lot of first time pregnant ladies (I refuse to use the word prego because it sounds like pasta sauce) don’t feel their babies for another few weeks. You can suck it stupid web site. Although, I think maybe I felt her kick once yesterday and once today. Maybe? It’s so quick that it’s hard to process.
- Swollen feet and/or hands. An annoying pregnancy symptom, but nothing to worry about as long as the swelling isn’t sudden or severe.–Nah, but my right wrist is swelling. I think that’s more because of how I sit with my lap top than because of pregnancy.
- Back aches. Baby’s putting a lot of pressure on your insides.–Yup. Also achy around my pelvic bones and hip joints.
- Leg cramps. They can be a sign of dehydration, so drink up!–Negatory, thankful! Charlie horses are the worst thing ever.
- Varicose veins, a product of all that extra pressure on your circulatory system.–Nope. Did you guys know that crossing your legs can cause varicose veins? It increases venous pressure and edema in your legs, so if you are worried about varicose veins then don’t cross your legs.
- Trouble sleeping. Your mind is working overtime and you’re getting more and more uncomfortable.–I am SO FREAKING TIRED. I cannot find a comfortable way to sleep and I wake up constantly. The best was Monday night when an hour after I fell back asleep the carbon monoxide alarm went off at 2:30 AM. It turned out to be a low battery, but I had to spend some time googling the stupid thing to make sure. I guess I’m just learning to sleep less in preparation for a screaming baby every 3 hours.
- Increased pressure on the veins in your nose may be causing nosebleeds.–just tiny little ones. And I think that’s as much to do with the cold, dry air as anything else.
You know what is super annoying? Getting the compulsive urge to brush your teeth at work (what, this doesn’t happen to everyone?) and then realizing it just left you with a mouthful of blood. I love when I smile and it looks like I’m a freaking vampire (cool kind, not the sparkly Twilight kind). Brushing my teeth has turned into something I absolutely loathe because I taste blood forever.
Hmm, what else? Mostly it’s getting a little harder to get up from a sitting position, especially if it’s a particularly deep or cushioned chair/couch. Rolling over at night is starting to feel like a major chore. I also walk a little funny about 70% of the time and I’ve noticed I’m walking much slower than I used to. This is probably my own fault because I completely stopped exercising at 5 weeks. If anyone can tell me where I can find motivation to walk outside when I’m freezing, I’d be thrilled. BTW, I cannot for the life of me find maternity long underwear. It’s cold enough here that I usually wear light long underwear under my jeans (denim is not warm) and I’m freezing without it. One of the guys at work suggested scrub pants under my jeans, but those sound kind of baggy.
All of my Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping was done online and was for baby stuff. I now have my bottle warmer, bottle sterilizer, baby gym, and diaper bag on the way along with a $2 clearance outfit I bought so I could use a $5 coupon and get free shipping (so I basically saved $3). I am still waiting for everything I’ve ordered in the last week to show up because the mailman hates me, but I need to resist the urge to unpack stuff anyways because we are moving soon. Still no word from the bank about the house, but I’m crossing my extremities and trying not to get too excited.
How was your week? For any of you moms out there, what was on your list of must have baby stuff? Oh, and can anyone recommend a comfy pair of slip-on shoes? I’m struggling with this whole laces concept these days.