Word on the street is that once the little nugget gets here I will be severely limited on time and resources, especially of the financial kind. Also, since I’m planning to breast feed, I’ll be attached to a baby or a pump on a regular basis. So with that in mind, I decide to make a 5ish month pre-baby bucket list (holy crap, she is due 5 months from tomorrow).
Things that are family related:
1. Get a good camera and learn to use it. I have not started on this.
2. Find the Flip, clear off and edit the videos from my sister’s wedding so it is ready for baby videos. Umm, I need to finish unpacking from our last move.
3. Find a new place to live and move (the lease is up in March). Especially since they busted a meth lab one street over yesterday. Must move before the apartment explodes. We are working on this, but the short sale might take too long so we have to look at some back up houses this weekend.
4. Get the dogs really well trained and ready for the new little monster. We’ve technically started this, but we have a lot of work left.
Selfish, not-related to baby at all stuff:
1. Go on a dessert tour of the city. Tickets booked for 12/10! This is one of those frivolous expenses we won’t be able to justify once the baby is here and, well, I think being pregnant means this will be extra awesome.
2. Go to the movies. A lot. This is one of those things we probably won’t have a ton of time for once the baby is here. And when she’s old enough for movies our choices will probably be limited to Shrek part 3000 or re-releases of classic kid’s movies in 3D, which totally make me upchuck.
3. Go to a fancy dinner at a restaurant we’ve never tried and dress up. We usually do this for New Year’s Eve, so it’ll probably be then.
4. Prenatal massages. I have one booked for Monday, but with the migraines and aches, I think I’m going to try to afford one at least once every two months. Again, this is time and money I don’t expect to have again for a while once the baby is here.
5. Try to give him some time for these “video games” that he is obsessed with–I don’t get it, they drive me crazy, but the boy loves the stupid things, so I should probably let him play one or two through with minimal nagging before his free time is filled with baby. Maybe I’ll even buy him a new game for Christmas. Maybe. It’s hard being a cheap Jew at Christmas time.
6. Write up and defend my effing disseration. I just need to get this over with so I can move on to being a trophy wife.
7. Sleep. A lot.
8. Read as many books as humanly possible, especially the sequels I’ve been anxiously awaiting that come out between now and May. Those of you who follow me on Goodreads may have noticed that I’m barely reading these days. That is because I loathe the book for book club (Unbroken) and have been choosing not to read rather than force my way through it. Turns out these inspiring true stories of athletic prowess bore me to tears (also, this book was written by some nard who thinks she must describe everything in the most esoteric way possible). Since the next book club isn’t until January, I’m saying screw it and reading other stuff for the next month.
Obviously this list is unimpressive so far. I need your help. What am I missing here? Is there anything we need to do or try before we are no longer DINKs? I’d love to take a babymoon, but he doesn’t get vacation yet and I’m not really supposed to travel (thus why I am not in DC this weekend).