1. I used to be a dirty hippie. Like no animal product eating (or wearing), “no blood for oil” t-shirt wearing hippie. I still showered more than once a week, though. As we’ve previously discussed, I went to college at 15 and lived in a dorm, so I just did what my hippie friends said was cool. I now eat steak and don’t care enough about politics to wear t-shirts. And no, baby girl will not be going to college at 15, I don’t care how smart she it.
2. I have a weird crush on Joe Biden. He’s just so spectacularly random. I swear when he opens his mouth, it’s like Christmas. You just never know what you are going to get.
Also, his wife is my hero. Did you know she is the only second lady ever to hold a job? She’s a college history professor who teaches classes every semester while still doing her VP’s wifely duties. I don’t care what party you are, Jill Biden is brilliant and maintains her own identity. I wish I could find a copy of the article I read about her because I think you all would admire her as much as I do.
Note: this is not about politics. I do not endorse anyone or their politics. I pretty much hate everyone, remember?
3. I find “What I Ate” posts so incredibly dull. I just don’t get the point and I never know what I’m supposed to say about them. Unless you ate something super amazing delicious (dessert) or you are linking a recipe, they all look the same. Especially all the bowls of oatmeal. Sorry.
4. I have smoked cigarettes (and a few cigars). I know, I’m a cardiovascular physiologist, but I was also a 15 year old college student. I was never a “real” smoker, but I was definitely a social smoker. Once I learned how nicotine works on the body in my Human Physiology class, I quit for good. And now my asthma is so bad I can’t even be around smokers.
5. I LOVE when bloggers post pictures of themselves. As we’ve previously established, I talk about you guys like we are in real life BFFs (seriously, my husband knows your names), so it’s nice to put a face to your name. And in Kari’s case, a man voice to your name.
6. I am a rule follower. Like to the point of driving people crazy. Besides speeding, I just can’t bring myself to break rules and I get really upset when other people do if there’s any chance the consequences could affect me. This probably one of the less charming facets of my personality, but I’m not sure it’s a habit I should break either. Just because someone told me it’s stupid to follow rules and it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission doesn’t mean that’s actually good advice.
7. I’m secretly (maybe not so secretly?) obsessed with the royals. I’m not really in to looking at photo galleries of celebrities, but I always click through if one features Kate Middleton. I was never in love with Prince William (he’s a little on the fugly side), but she fascinates me. And yes, I watched the wedding on Hulu. I feel like this might be a continuation of my fascination with the York and Tudor monarchs (ex-History major, remember).
8. I feel obligated to have 10 confessions per confessions post, but honestly, this post is already 600+ words, so screw it. It’s Friday the 13th and there’s white death outside. I’m just hoping to not die walking to and from my car this weekend. Physics stops being your friend at this point in pregnancy.
Tell me something about yourself! Anyone else love when bloggers post pictures of themselves?