Weight: 175.2 pounds (down 1.2 pounds this week, down 30 pounds total)
Waist: 32.25 inches (down 4.75 inches total)
Hips: 38.5 inches (down 6.5 inches total)
On diet: I lost last week’s gain, but I’m really struggling this week. I’m not eating the horribly, but I was doing a terrible job with taking my thyroid medication correctly. I think it’s kind of a perfect storm for my metabolism sucking. I do not appreciate this yo-yo weight thing, so I guess I need to buckle down and really work on my diet after Memorial Day. By work on my diet, I mean figure out how to fit ice cream in once a day and not going crazy on calories. I’ve decided to knuckle down and do this thing because I want to hit 145-150 pounds by Detroit (5 months from now). And diet is where I struggle because I love sugar and cheese.
Thursday–Cycle 30 (40 mins spinning, 20 mins lifting)
Friday–Rock wall climbing
Saturday–Walked around the zoo for a few hours and then got my heart rate up watching the new Star Trek movie. So good.
Sunday–6 miles at 11:13 average pace
Monday–Boot camp in the morning, pool walking with the baby and an ab workout that evening (pool walking was not intense or fast, she just can’t “swim” unless I walk around with her)
Tuesday–Cycle 30 (30 minutes of spin with 30 minutes of lifting) class.
Today–I was going to go to yoga and for a hike, but the baby had an exhausted meltdown and slept through when we’d need to leave and my hiking buddy had to cancel (after I canceled on her yesterday)
On running: My only run this week was 6 miles on Sunday. I love running, but I’m also really enjoying focusing on cross training this month. My knees have also been kind of sore on and off for a few days and I had terrible calf cramping the afternoon after my run (followed by a dehydration migraine, so I think we know what the problem was). I really need to rethink my hydration strategy now that it’s so hot (and more importantly, so humid). I’m also realizing that I made it through the winter without buying much running clothing, but I’m not sure I can pull that off for summer. I spent 6 miles hiking my running skirt back up. This was the skirt I had just started to be able to wear when I got pregnant, so that made me feel pretty awesome.
My BYNGO goals for last week were:
1. 65 minutes/6 miles of running outside. Preferably all at once. Done!
2. 2 strength workouts (finish the square) and 3 ab workouts (will put me at 9/10) Done and I did an extra ab workout, so that square is also done!
3. Take final needed group exercise class Done plus a few extra
4. Last 38 minutes of hiking (either Sunday with family or Tuesday with Mandy and the kids) This did not happen. Mostly because children are very unpredictable.
5. Sign up for summer race (counts as a BYNGO square)–I’m torn between Race for Ellie 5K or the Freedom 4 Miler. Done! I found a $10 5K in town that I’m going to do with my husband on 8/3
6. Finish my hour on the upright cycle (need 5 minutes) Done times a whole lot thanks to spinning!
7. Cycle 20 miles–this is all on a stationary cycle (recumbant or upright) because I never learned to ride a bike. Yes, I am ridiculous. I did 22 miles (approximately) thanks to two spinning classes.
Number of BYNGOs this week: 4
Goals for the final week of BYNGO (ends 5/30/13):
1. Finish the bloody hike. This will finish two BYNGOs.
2. 22 miles on the cycle (I only need 20.5). This is easily done with two more spinning classes and will also finish two BYNGOs.
3. Push up challenge on 5/30/13. I have to do 15, which really shouldn’t be that hard.
4. Final weigh in and body fat check on 5/30/13
Number of BYNGOs I hope to get next week: 6